Fabre's book of insects (Plate 11) (6962332643)
Fabre's book of insects, retold from Alexander Teixeira de Mattos' translation of Fabre's "Souvenirs entomologiques," by Mrs. Rodolph Stawell; illustrated by E. J. Detmold.
Edward Julius Detmold (1883-1957) was a British illustrator and artist known for his intricate and detailed drawings of animals, especially birds and insects. He and his twin brother Charles Maurice Detmold became famous for their illustrations in books such as The Jungle Book and The Arabian Nights. Their distinctive style was characterised by a combination of realism and fantasy, with an emphasis on naturalistic detail and a vibrant use of colour. Edward Detmold's work was influenced by the Art Nouveau movement, which emphasised organic forms and decorative patterns. Despite his short career, he made a lasting impact on the world of illustration and remains highly regarded by art collectors and enthusiasts today.
- Fabre's Book of Insects (1921) - The Public Domain Review
- 53 Entomologist Jean Henri Fabre Premium High Res Photos
- 81 Jean Henri Fabre Photos and Premium High Res Pictures
- Most interesting photos tagged with edwardjuliusdetmold - Flickriver
- Most interesting photos tagged with italianlocust - Flickriver
- Public Domain Reviewさんのイラストまとめ
- Arthropods Paintings | Fine Art America